Relaxation Massage can help relieve everyday stress, anxiety, muscles aches and headache. It is one of the oldest forms of massage and popular with many people due to its gentle and non invasive style.
It uses a system of long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping, percussion, vibration and shaking motions that apply pressure between muscles and bones, rubbing in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart. Relaxation Massage feels good, is relaxing and invigorating.
The main purpose of Relaxation Massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Some other benefits include shortening recovery time from muscular strain, increased circulation without increased heart load, stretching of ligaments and tendons, skin stimulation and soothing of the nervous system. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested as part of a regular program for stress management.
the benefits of relaxation massage
As with any kind of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage can last for several days after your treatment. Relaxation massage – like other forms of massage – can offer the following benefits:
- Lowering blood pressure – at least for a while
- Improvements to peripheral circulation
- Improvements to skin tone and appearance
- Improvements to gastrointestinal motility (bowel movements will become more regular)
- Some reduction in muscle tension including the relief of muscle tension headaches
- Improvements to any stress-related symptoms. This can include providing a gentle boost to the immune system if you undergo regular treatments.
can I claim relaxation massage on health insurance?
This will depend on your health insurance policy so check your details for further information.